Saturday, March 27, 2010

Love

As some of you may have known, our family moved very recently [past few days] into a one-bedroom apartment in the same complex for several reasons. During this time, the entire family was stressed, tired, etc.

Normally, this would be an excruciatingly troublesome period for me, since I'm REALLY lazy, and I get angry whenever people tell me to do physical work. The last few times I've moved resulted in the entire family angry, tired, and miserable because of it.

GRACE OF GOD STRIKES AGAIN!

I've been 'weaned' away from the computer and internet more and more since I've come to know Christ, which is such a blessing. Same thing with games, though I do struggle with it at times. God has also changed me. He has been given me a heart to truly care and love, which I've been asking for from God to help me grow and develop.

This is what I feel happened during this move. Even though I did not want to exert myself at all, God helped me understand that it wasn't all about me, and gave me a self-sacrificing heart during those times for my entire family. By God's grace, I helped my dad move things around, even though I was tired and hadn't eaten that day. I was able to pick up my sister up from school without complaining, and helped her bear along with her own struggles at school, etc.

Even though I was tired, hungry, and would have previously just complained and not have helped at all, by God's grace was I able to love my family, by serving them.

Though I was working, God used this opportunity to really bless me and the family during these times, so I was able to help out in all things without complaining or grudgingly.

Just wanted to share this experience God has blessed me with. :3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.