Thursday, March 18, 2010

Next Semester, New Start

Hey guys! How's your week been? Mine's been pretty lazy haha

Today, though, I was filled with motivation! I wanted to share with you guys because it's something that was so sudden and so fulfilling that it can only come from God.

As some of you may know, I've been having a sort of hard time with school for the past few years. Community college last year and Hope this year were not what I had in mind at all when I was preparing myself for college at Troy. But I've gotten over being upset about my situation. Unfortunately, I've transitioned into apathy. Thus, I sleep a lot (ask Christine, I sleep all day sometimes), miss classes and generally laze about. But today! Today, I checked my school mailbox for the first time in like, two months. Inside I found an envelope with my name on it with an application inside for the "American Friend Coordinator."

At Hope, we have a program in the International Students department called the American Friend program. It's designed to pair up every international student with an American student who can befriend them, help them with English and the American culture, and provide support during the time they are living here at Hope. I became friends with the coordinator this year and attended quite a few of the events. Anyone that knows me can tell you that this kind of program is right up my alley haha.

Anyways, I found this application in my box today and it's due tomorrow! Because of the timing and everything around this, I feel like this application was a gift from God (though I think it was my friend, the current coordinator who put it there). So I've been working on the application today.

But along with that application is a renewed sense of motivation. I feel like this application opened my eyes to what I could be doing out there for my community and even for myself. If I get this position, not only will I have an actual motivation to get up every morning and go outside, but I'll meet a huge number of new people whom I can minister to and support.

Anyways, the bottom line: I'm excited and I feel motivated today for the first time in... at least this semester.

See you all Friday, or at least Sunday :D

Lub,
Emma

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

THat's freaken awesome!
*looks like you were also hybernating during school year? ehh~ LOL *cough me too! cough... :X

Well, really! congratulations~
seems like it was meant to be for you to attend HIU (to bring krns here) and meet new krns for you LOOOLOLOLOLOLOL~~~

Do you know when they announce the positions? like.. if you got accepted or not? Im really curious!!! XD

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.