Just here to bring a news update from me to you. :3
DTS is amazing. Think of our church retreat during August, except for 5.5/6 months.
This is a community of peoples from many different nations (S. Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ireland, Scotland, S. Africa, many different states, etc), cultures, denominations; this is a place where we can all come together from all these different backgrounds, all seeking God. It's really amazing.
It's a great place to learn as well. Yes, there are differences in what each may believe is acceptable/etc, but we don't focus on differences to judge each other, but instead come together, despite our differences, as a united body of Christ. This is a part of why I think this place is so amazing. Multicultural, interdenominational seekers of God. :3
I'm learning a lot as well. Lots of valuable information that's been helping shape my relationship with God, to understand the lines between religion and that relationship, working together in a group, etc. A big thing that I enjoy around here is the opportunity to serve. I serve my room/housemates by cooking/cleaning. I serve the church with community responsibilities, like food prep, church cleaning, etc. I am so glad to be here with all these people who are seeking God.
During our first small group, we had a 'large' group kind of meeting and shared our testimonies. The things I learned was amazing. Truly never judge a book by its cover. You may be a good judge of character, and think you know them, but there are so many things that shaped who that person was, what they went through, it's just amazing that we're all not just messed up rejects of society. It's so encouraging too, that God would use such broken people like us, that he has called each of us to know Him, to have that relationship with Him, and that He would use us to do His work.
I had previous stated that my outreach was Morocco, but it looks like that may change due to the current situations in there [some people were kicked out, etc] and our contact group there is asking for a super small group to go only, since a group of 15-20 westerners coming into a muslim country is TOTALLY not suspicious, AT ALL. ;d
All we know is that it's going to be a muslim country in North Africa. :d
I'm excited. :d
I pray that things are going well with you, that you are seeking God, and that you would not lose faith or trust in the one who is always faithful. :3
PS: Someone tell Danny T that I'm well, and that I didn't forget or ignore him, it's just I didn't have internet until now (one hour at the library XD), and I still don't know his email. :3
3 comments:
AWESOME!!!
Keep us informed about what goes on. I'm praying for you!!!
I'm glad that your taking like 200% advantage of this opportunity! and hmm a Muslim country? i'll check that out for you! kekekekeekkee =P
and here is the email to Danny T~
dhwang84@yahoo.com
We all miss you and be safe Young! <3
YOUNGAH, I'm so glad you're having such a wonderful experience, kid. I've been praying for you~ I miss you and your nasty face, and I hope God will use your nasty face for good one day haha. I love you Youngiieee <3
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.