And as i was reading I can say that I am guilty of putting other things higher than God sometimes, well most if the time. I used to think that singing not only praises to Him but making every song I sing a confession to Him that, that was enough and He would know how much I really love Him.
My awakening came like a slap in the face. It didn't matter how much I confessed to Him in song or how much passion I put into every song i sang if I did not read His word i would never understand.
He knows my life better than I do and He has told me that he knows I wake up before the sun does and most of the time I don't come home until the sun has already gone down. He knows that I am busy to the point of exhaustion every day. He even told me that he knows because He was with me and felt that same exhaustion as I went through it too.
He asked of me something simple, that in the morning to wake up a little earlier than I usually do and to read His words even if it was one passage, even if it was for 5 min to just read His word and I would receive my answer to the question I would be asking Him soon.
So I did it...and I received my answer about two months later. It was to a question that I was personally thinking about for a year before that but never really asked God for. I just had it in the back of my mind never really asking because I would be afraid of the answer. But I got the answer to the question.
Unfortunately I stopped reading His words in the morning and started falling in spiritual level and I can confess to all of you that I am at the lowest I have ever been since I started coming to this church about 6 years ago.
I am telling you this because through this last year all I did was drop and it happened without me even knowing it. It just happened, God longs for me to just read His words and I couldn't even do it longer than 4 months or even give Him 5 min of my time because I used the excuse that I was tired all the time. I still am tired all the time but I am asking all of you this day to please pray for me. With everything I have to deal with to finally give God everything I have not just in praise but to build the relationship by having a conversation with Him and to be healed and cleansed by His words.
I truly need Him in my life because I have been living without Him for too long that it is time to change for the better this time so I can truely sing this song with a clean heart and to bring Love to His ears once again. So he will know how much I really do Love Him, in action this time not just words.
Here is the song if you were interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRIP0t5Ypac
Here are the lyrics
Closer than my thoughts
Closer than a kiss
How could it be
More intimate than this?
More honest words than these I�ll never find.
With all my heart, my strength, my soul, my mind.
I love You, I love You, I�m Yours and You are mine.
I love You, I love You, I love You Jesus Christ.
Let me hear Your voice
Whisper Heaven�s song
Deeper into You
Is where I belong.
I hope that this helped one of you or maybe it just helped me to say it.
Have a great week everyone
1 comments:
You know, funny thing is the same happened to me. Last weekend, there was just so many things going on that I really didn't have time to do the normal reading I normally did. I could feel kinda how much I slipped by Monday, made clear by today when I finished Ephesians. I need to get back up to where I used to be, then just keep on growing.
I REALLY like James for that reason. I feel like it's a 2 page handbook for a guideline to live a Christian life. So good. :3
Thanks for sharing. :D
[a moderator should edit your post to replace my name with Mike's XD]
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.