Thursday, April 15, 2010

God's Timing

Alright so, thanks for praying for me about the American Friend Coordinator position, but unfortunately, I didn't get it. I had a really hard time the past three weeks, and a lot had to do with that position. I waited for a week longer than the employer said it would take to get back to us, which means my Spring Break was riddled with extreme stress and anxiety. I could barely sleep all week and stayed home most of the time. Then my parents were hounding me to be more responsible, but I was too stressed and anxious to follow through, which led to more hounding. Anyways, last Tuesday, I finally got the email that I hadn't gotten the position. Needless to say I was pretty crushed. It only added insult to injury that the person who did get the position is one of the only people on campus that I actually thought of as a pretty good friend. It gave me some pretty negative thoughts and I've been trying to deal with them this week. Anyways, this whole debacle has forced me to think about God's timing.

I know that God's timing is usually different than our timing. I know that I want to have things happen for me, success falling into my lap, all right now. I'm very impatient with life. Thus, through this I'm trying to understand that God knows what is best for me and He has a plan already. He knows when and where I'll be best used for His Kingdom, and maybe that's not next semester in the American Friend Program.

So anyways, I'd like for you guys to pray for me that I can listen and be ready for God's plan when His time comes.

Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.joelosteen.com/Broadcast/VideoStreaming/Pages/VideoStreaming.aspx#
04/18/2010 Joel Osteen Sermon
#458 - God Is Preparing The Way For Victory

Hope it helps. It sure helped me last night and thought of you... <3

Young the Amazing said...

I'd just be careful about Joel Osteen, because from what I remember, his focus wasn't always God focused. Don't get me wrong, he did talk about God, but in the context of the 'prosperity gospel,' which is more about using God to get what you want [if you take away all the fluff about how God loves you, which He does, but focusing only on love and receiving means you miss out on the whole of what it means to be a follower of Christ].

I send a Hug to you, Emma, from Florida. <3

Yongsoo said...

Okay Emma, I apologize for the late response when I told you I had everything ready to just send...however, I ran into a very busy schedule and haven't had the chance to sit down and just do my own thing. As you can see it is the odd hour of the evening and I am up writing you this comment....Anyways back to my point..

Please correct me if I am wrong...I believe this program was designed to help those foreign exchange students get familiarized and comfortable with their stay here. I believe the position that you were applying for was an opportunity for you to be in a leadership position where you can provide for those who have no one else to really go to...excellent...If this is correct please read on...if not we need to get this straight before I comment..

So if the stated above is correct..here is my little insight on this whole happening...God has specifically placed each and everyone of us here on earth..To be very vague..some to do "this" job and others to do "that" job. Now from my past experiences, I believe that God will continually push you to improve yourself...Yes, of course in areas that you may already seem good at that may need fine detailed tuning...however, I believe more so on the things that we lack to do greater works in the future...It came to my attention when reading your post that..YES, the importance of God's timing, but I see it in a different way... Emma, you have great character and personality and it is clearly evident that you already have been gifted to comfort those international students. Emma, you were able to bring M San, and Christine to PMC, which sparked into PMC having a HOPE congregation. Quite interesting..I see it from the stand point that God has much greater plans for you and although you may feel like you find much comfort and peace on continuing this style of work..God could have saw this just being wasted time because you already have a natural heart to reach out to international students...Maybe He wants to give you an opportunity to improve yourself in other aspects so that when the future does come...you were be great is things you never expected...You see...God wants us to see things from an infinite amount of DIFFERENT aspects/perspectives...As humans, its hard...but through training, through experiences like these...we being to see that..."WOW! there is a greater purpose that God is trying build me up to do"...Emma, I am not writing this to make you feel as if you don't need to feel down...I don't blame you...I saw the excitement and the joy that you had when this opportunity had come up.....Emma, you are already good at the position this job was offering...Maybe, God wants to fine tune you in other character and personality traits so that when time comes for you to decide on a career...you will do an even more outstanding job having been able to experience and learn from experiences, that help shape your character and personality for God's glorification...Emma hope you are feeling better, and we hope to see you soon! Take care.

Sincerely,

Mike.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.