I am really proud of myself. I know that I am supposed to be done in Genesis but this is a huge building block for me. For the first time in a long time I was able to stay home and shut my laptop off and not get distracted by the television. (even though it was very tempting because the remote was next to me) I was able to read God's word.
Question: In chapter 38 they switch from jacob to israel. Jacob was renamed Israel by God. It just confused me because there are times that they call him Jacob like when the sons brought Josephs robe they refer to him as Jacob(v. 34-35) and the time when Rachel died. But then the sentence immediately following it they say Israel(v.20-21) Is this the same guy?
Anyway. I wanted to thank everyone for praying for me.
1 comments:
GOOD SHOW 'OL CHAP!!!!!! To answer your question: Israel and Jacob are used interchangeably in Genesis to refer to the man.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.